India , Admission In Banglore
Bangalore University offers various UG, PG and Ph.D. courses along with distance education programs (DDE) in the fields of Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Architecture, Commerce, Education, Management, Science, Engineering and Law. Application form for all the courses can be filled by visiting the official website of Bangalore University .followed by submission at the concerned university department.
- For MBA, MCA, ME and M.Arch courses, the candidates need to secure good marks in Postgraduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) followed by counselling.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for admission to ME & M.Arch programs. Such candidates need not appear in PGCET.
- For all other PG courses, such as MA, M.Sc, M.Ed, MSW and M.Lib.Sc, admission is offered on the basis of merit as per the marks secured at Graduation level.
- For BE and B.Arch courses, the admission is granted on the basis of a valid score in KCET conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- For all undergraduate courses, admission is completely merit-based. For B.P.Ed, the candidates have to take the Physical Proficiency Test.
- For Ph.D. program, Bangalore University conducts separate entrance test followed by an interview.
- In the case of Ph.D. admission, CSIR NET/UGC NET/ SLET/ GATE/ JRF qualified or M.Phil degree holders are exempted from the university-based Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- This university also imparts education through distance learning. For further information visit Bangalore University Distance Admission.
Bangalore University PG Admission Criteria
Bangalore University offers MA, M.Sc, MSW, M.Ed, M.P.Ed, M.Lib.Sc, MPA & LL.M courses in full-time mode at the postgraduate level. Graduation in the related subject is the minimum eligibility requirement for these courses.
Final admission is offered after scrutinizing the application form submitted by the candidates. On the basis of marks in the qualifying examination, two separate merit lists are published on the basis of candidates’ merit and category. After merit declaration, the candidates are invited for the counselling round conducted by Postgraduate Admission Committee (PGAC) for the final confirmation of seat.
For LL.M, the admission is based on an entrance test conducted by the university. For M.P.Ed and MVA courses, students have to appear in Physical Proficiency Test and an Aptitude Test respectively.
Bangalore University ME, MBA, MCA & M.Arch Admission Criteria
At postgraduate level, Bangalore University also offers ME, MBA, MCA and M.Arch courses in various streams. BE/ B.Tech degree with 50% marks in aggregate is the minimum eligibility criteria for M.Tech while for M.Arch, B.Arch degree is required. The university also offers MBA (Regular+ Evening) and MCA courses for bachelor’s degree holders.
Admission to all the courses is based on merit in PGCET followed by counselling conducted by the university. Once the merit list is released, the selected candidates are required to provide relevant original documents for verification of eligibility followed by submission of requisite fee in order to confirm their seat. GATE score is also acceptable for admission to ME and M.Arch courses.
Bangalore University UG Admission Criteria
At the undergraduate level, the university offers BA, B.Sc, LL.B, B.Com, BFA, BCA, B.Li.Sc & BHM courses along with Integrated BA-LL.B, B.Sc-M.Sc and BMS-MMS in full-time mode. 10+2 in the cognate subject group with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) from a recognized board is the minimum eligibility criteria. Admission is based on merit which is declared by the university on the basis of candidates’ marks in 10+2.
Bangalore University BE, B.Arch, B.Ed & B.P.Ed Admission Criteria
Bangalore University offers BE, B.Arch, B.P.Ed and B.Ed courses at the UG level in full-time mode. BE and B.Arch requires 50% marks in 10+2 with PCM as the relevant subject group. For B.Ed and B.P.Ed courses, graduation in any discipline is sufficient. BE and B.Tech admission is KCET-based while for B.P.Ed, the candidates have to pass a physical proficiency test conducted by the university. For B.Ed, merit is the only criteria for admission.
Bangalore University Ph.D. Admission Criteria
Bangalore University offers full-time Ph.D. courses in different specializations at the Doctoral level. These courses are offered in all the departments of the university. The minimum eligibility criteria is Master’s degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PH) in aggregate. Admission is based on the Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by the university followed by an interview.
UGC NET/ CSIR-NET/ JRF Test/ SLET/ SET/ GATE/ Recognised young researchers by DST, UGC, CSIR, AICTE, etc. and M.Phil. degree holders are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test. Such candidates have to appear in the interview round conducted by the university.