India , Admission In Chennai
Madras University, a premium university in Tamil Nadu, offers admission to postgraduate, research as well as Diploma & Certificate courses in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management. The university also offers UG courses through Distance Education
Madras University comprises 18 Schools along with 68 departments of post-graduate teaching and research. At present, the university consists of 109 affiliated colleges along with 5 approved Institutions (Diploma/Certificate Courses), 16 Stand-alone Institutions for MBA/MCA courses and 52 approved Research Institutions.
The university also caters a revolutionary Earn while you learn scheme for PG & Research courses. Under this scheme, you can work as a laboratory assistant/Technical assistant or Library assistant on part-time monthly basis. In lieu of your work, the university will give you a suitable amount as a stipend.
- MBA & MCA admissions are offered on the basis of candidates’ performance in TANCET conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Tamil Nadu.
- Admission to M.Sc course except for M.Sc (Photonics & Biophotonics/ Yoga) is offered on the basis of Entrance Test conducted by Madras University followed by evaluation of marks obtained in the relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- For some specializations of MA and M.Lib.i.Sc course, the admission is granted on the basis of marks in the relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Madras University also conducts Entrance Test for some specializations of MA along with M.Ed, Master in Journalism, M.Com, Master in LAW (ML) and M.Tech courses.
- M.Phil & Ph.D. admissions are subject to university-based Written Test followed by an interview.
- Application form can be filled online by visiting the official website of Madras University.
Madras University PG Admission Criteria
Madras University offers M.Tech, MA, M.Sc, M.Com, M.Ed, ML, Master in Journalism and M.Lib.I.Sc courses in various specializations at postgraduate level. Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission. Admission is offered on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination and score in the entrance tests conducted by the university.
Madras University MBA And MCA Admission Criteria
The university also offers MBA, EMBA and MCA (Regular+ Lateral Entry) at the postgraduate level. Any Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is desired eligibility criteria for admission. Admission is granted on the basis of marks in TANCET conducted by Dte Tamil Nadu.
Madras University M.Phil & Ph.D. Admission Criteria
Madras University also offers M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in full-time as well as part-time modes in several disciplines. Master’s degree from a recognized university is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission. The university conducts separate written Test and interview to offer admission in these courses. Candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR NET are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination.
The admission process for Ph.D. is conducted in the month of December, March, June, and September. Candidate can apply for the Ph.D. course in any of the four sessions (January, April, July, and October) in a year
Madras University Diploma & PG Diploma Admission Criteria
Madras University offers PG Diploma and Diploma courses in various specializations at Postgraduate and Undergraduate level. Graduates, XII and X passed candidates can apply for these courses. Admission is completely merit-based.